Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Solitude: The Chronicles of Servitude, Book 0

Yesterday, September 9, the prequel short story to my upcoming series of novels was released on Amazon.

Originally I had no plans of writing Solitude. Servant was to be the first book of the series, and that was good enough for me.

But then fellow authors Katie Cross and LaDonna Cole each released stories that tied into their own series of novels, and my author brain said, "Hey, I can do that, too!"

To my surprise, it wasn't that hard for me to come up with an idea for a story that would lead into the beginning of Servant. In Servant, twenty-year-old protagonist Bobby Roland has been in Oregon for a year after previously having lived in Utah, New York, and Ohio. Bobby tells Randy Bellison, a man who for some reason seems to attract poltergeists or some other unsavory thing, that he used to work at a music store in Utah before moving to Oregon.

And you know what's funny? I had no idea what compelled Bobby to pack up his bags and leave Utah.

So when writing Solitude, I finally figured out why, and now you can, too.



Premonitions of disaster tend to put a damper on one's plans. 


Bobby Roland would much rather spend his evenings practicing songs on his electric guitar, but fate has a different idea tonight. 



Bobby hangs out with a local rock band on the weekends, and he knows one of the members will be killed at tonight’s jam session. But who will be hurt, and how will Bobby save him? Can he set aside his fear and be vigilant enough to find out, or will it be too late?

Download your very own copy of Solitude today!


And add it to your to-read list on Goodreads, too!


If you've read this far, let me tell you a fun little fact. A couple years ago I discovered The Piano Guys, a beautiful music group from Utah, and that's where I came up with the idea that Bobby worked in a music store there. Also, go listen to The Piano Guys. There's a cello involved, too, but I guess "The Cello Guys" didn't sound as good.


1 comment: