After churning out a scant 3,000 words of my Top Secret work-in-process, I decided to steal this "Things You Didn't Know About Me" idea from another author.
1. I’m married to a knight. (Of Columbus, not of the Round Table.)
2. My middle name does not begin with “S.”
3. I like to wear outrageous-looking shoes—namely Vans slip-ons that tend to clash with their surroundings no matter what kind of matching shirt I have on.
4. I like to wear dark colors: black, gray, and brown, generally. (Except for my shoes.)
5. I used to be a Drama Club nerd.
6. As a small child, I tried to teach myself to fly by leaping off the piano bench and flapping my arms.
7. I still have all my wisdom teeth. My dentist let me take them home in a baggy after they were pulled.
8. My favorite vacations: Arizona (2009) and Costa Rica (2010).
They have lots of these in Costa Rica.
9. I’m afraid of speaking in front of people. All those eyes…all those faces! [curls up into fetal position and sucks thumb]
10. I was the team captain for my high school’s Academic Quiz Team. Alfred, Lord Tennyson was the default response we gave if we didn’t know the right answer.
11. I speak broken Spanish. Y a mí me gusta comer demasiado burritos.
12. I took piano lessons for ten years. I quit in college so I didn’t end up being committed to a padded room.
13. I hate to cook.
14. I like to draw scary faces on random objects.
This was back in high school.
15. I get Emperor Palpatine for an answer every time I take a Star Wars personality test.
16. I have been to the Grand Canyon, Mammoth Cave, and the top of the Empire State Building.
The picture does the Grand Canyon no justice. (It also does me no justice.)
17. I like to put those yummy tri-color tortilla pieces in my salads.
18. My favorite movie is the 2004 version of The Phantom of the Opera. I’ve also seen the play on stage. Both were mind-blowingly amazing in their own way.
19. I put on my Queen CDs and crank up the volume whenever I clean the house.
20. Lip-synching to classic rock hits on the radio when nobody else is around is one of my recently-acquired hobbies.
21. I feel the loneliest (and I feel somewhat detached) when I am in a room crowded with people.
22. I have not been to a movie theater since 2009.
23. I loooooove music, though I have no favorite bands. I like Queen, Styx, ABBA, The Beatles, Paul McCartney and the Wings, The Rolling Stones, Muse, the Eurythmics, Blondie, the Who, Aerosmith, Kansas, Simon and Garfunkel, Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull, Led Zeppelin, Electric Light Orchestra, Enya, Andrew Lloyd Webber, Stephen Sondheim, Beethoven, Chopin, Liszt, Saint-Saens, Mozart, Bach, Rachmaninoff, Holst, Mahler, Debussy, Scott Joplin… Heck, I even like a little bit of Black Sabbath and Nirvana. And I can’t forget Weird Al, the master of them all! Did I mention that I love music?
24. I enjoy dressing up in funky costumes whenever the occasion allows for it.
Dork Day 2005
If you would like to know anything else, don't hesitate to ask. I'm sure I'll have some kind of unusual answer for you.